A journey begins with a single step

Monday, November 22, 2010

Academic Workshop

I had my academic workshop today. (Really, it was a 30 minute conversation on how to properly fill out-- you guessed it-- another piece of paperwork.)

Basically, I need to get transfer credit permission from the appropriate department head and advisor, which basically means the top dog of the Japanese department and Takagi sensei (my former Japanese teacher) need to sign off on what classes I will be taking abroad. Problem is, I don't really know what classes those are. Nara's website is not very clear on courses. All it offers is the field and a general description of classes, so I may have to wait until I am overseas to send information back to UNCG about what courses I will be enrolling in. The IPC said that was all right though, as long as I explained this to the people signing off on the forms.

So far I have found the following courses interesting: Japanese language (obviously), Japanese and Asian Languages and Cultures, American Language and Culture in Europe, Ancient Culture of the Region, Sports Science, and Outdoor Sports Practice.

Guess we'll see what happens!
じゃ!

Corri(nne)

Picture of a building on Nara's campus
By Takayan (flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment