A journey begins with a single step

Monday, January 17, 2011

I Bought My Ticket

After exchanging several emails with Nara's international programs office, I finally bought my plane ticket to Japan. On the morning of March 30th, I will be leaving from Philadelphia airport and flying into California. From there, I will fly directly to Kansai International Airport (KIX), arriving around 3:15 in the afternoon on Thursday, March 31st. I will then travel about an hour and a half by bus to Nara. I will stay in a hotel over night and go to Nara Women's University the morning of April 1st.

Airports make me nervous, so having connection flights, buses, and hotels to deal with is all very daunting. However, I was able to pre-pay for everything through Student Universe (a website that sells discounted tickets to students), so that's nice, even if it did cost me about $1,700! Thank God for the $1,300 travel grant provided by the UNCG Honors Program!

I am more excited than anything, but a lot can go wrong so please pray (even this early) that everything runs smoothly and is on time. I have to be at Nara between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm on April 1st so I figured arriving a day early was safest. It also gives me the entire weekend to explore the city and get over my jet lag!

On another note, I will be returning on August 17th. UNCG starts on August 22nd so it is cutting it a little close, but I think I can manage. It's real guys! The plane ticket has been purchased, the reservations made-- all that's left now is my packing list and visa.

More coming soon!
じゃ!

Corri(nne)

Below: Kansai International Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment