A journey begins with a single step

Monday, October 4, 2010

おめでとうございます!Congratulations!

"Congratulations! You have been nominated to study abroad at Nara Women's University for the spring semester 2011."

When I read these words in an email entitled: "Study Abroad Nomination", I think my heart skipped a beat. It's official folks! I have been nominated by UNCG to go to Nara Women's University in Japan. That means I'm all set! ...right?

Nope. Just kidding. Before it can be officially official, I need to submit a separate application to NWU. Should be a piece of cake, right? Well, according to the email, NWU will need the following from me before I am accepted:

1. Application form (5 pages)
2. Four passport-sized photos- one used in the application form
3. Health Certificate
4. Copy of passport ID page
5. CV form
6. Financial statement (This document is required to prove a student can meet her living expenses during her stay in Japan. A certificate issued from a bank which proves the existence of the financial supporter's bank account, the account number and the balance is acceptable.)

Other documentation includes my transcript, certificate of enrollment, recommendation letters and certificate of Japanese language ability. The IPC provides these documents, since I have already turned them in.
The real kicker? It's all due the Friday I get back from fall break. Yikes! I guess I better get crackin'. But the real question is, do I need to fill out this application in English, or in Japanese? Hmm...

Honestly though, with all of the stress school is causing me right now, this seems like the least stressful thing on my list. I am one step closer to my study abroad journey. Hopefully the next time I will be updating this blog it will be to say Nara accepted my application!

Prayers appreciated <3

じゃ!

Corri(nne)

Japan and America from Hetalia: Axis Powers dressed for the cool weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment