A journey begins with a single step

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Whew!

So, I finally turned in all my application materials for Nara. It was very confusing trying to compile a financial statement and health certificate since the school didn't provide any specific forms. After jumping through a bunch of hoops and exchanging several emails, I was able to get the general gist of what I needed for the financial statement. The "health certificate" was a complete nightmare though. I think I made four or five different trips to the health center over the span of two days in order to fill out a physical form that didn't even exist. (If you're confused, don't worry, so was I.)

However, the deed is done. Application form? Check. Passport photos? Check. Financial statement? Double check. Health Certificate? You better believe it. And everything else that goes along with it. It feels good to finally have all the materials turned in. Now, it's up to Nara Women's University to give me the final "yay" or "nay".

Unfortunately, the official acceptance letter isn't expected to come for another three to four weeks. Aaaaaugh! That means three to four more weeks of anticipation. The study abroad office was very reassuring though. They told me that my application is strong and Nara is already aware of who I am. (Basically, that I shouldn't worry about not getting accepted, but there's always that slim chance, isn't there?)

Anyway, like I said, what's done is done. Please pray that everything goes smoothly and NWU decides to let me study with them in Spring 2011!

じゃ!
Corri(nne)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll be accepted. Good job on getting this all together :)

    ReplyDelete