A journey begins with a single step

Monday, October 25, 2010

Your Status: Committed

I received an email from UNCG's IPC (International Program Center) about an update to my application for Study Abroad. When I logged in to my account to begin working on my new stack of paperwork, I was greeted with: "Your Status: Committed." Sounds scary, doesn't it? Basically, UNCG expects that I am in for the long haul. And I've done too much paperwork already to turn back now! The new laundry list includes:

  1. Communication form
  2. Conduct Pledge
  3. Financial Statement (signed by my parents)
  4. Health form
  5. Passport photocopy
  6. Statement of Participant Responsibilities
  7. Transfer Credit form
  8. Travel Grant Signature form
  9. Requirement for Direct Deposit
Daunting, I know. Luckily, most of it is just signing a piece of paper, further selling my soul away to the IPC, which requires little real work on my part. Three of the forms will be signed at the Financial and Academic workshops we are required to attend within the next month. And of course, everything is due before December 1st. In the last few minutes, I've already completed four of them so this should be significantly less stressful than the last round of requirements.

For future students, don't let this scare you away! All of the paperwork is necessary, I promise. Now I know what it must feel like for foreigners trying to come to America. What a pain in the rear...

じゃ!
Corri(nne)


1 comment:

  1. Hey, so does this mean that you are officially accepted??? O_O and have you applied for your visa yet? If not you need to do that ASAP. :) I've gone through all this torturous paperwork as well, trust me it's worth it! :) but let me know if you need help with anything or advice for something :D

    Amy K.

    ReplyDelete