A journey begins with a single step

Sunday, July 3, 2011

07.02-03.11 Seize the Day

The weekend is already over?! Ugh. It never ceases to surprise me. I thought I would be used to it by now...

So, I rested again on Saturday even though my team had a soccer game. My knee wasn't hurting too bad, but it still felt somewhat unstable so I took a day off just to be safe. Around noon I met up with Yoonkyung so we could go shopping for the ingredients I would need to make takoyaki and while we were out I dragged her to take purikura with me. After we got everything we needed, we went back to my kitchen and broke in my new takoyaki maker. I am extremely proud to say that the takoyaki we made was absolutely delicious-- just as good as the kind you can buy from the takoyaki stands!






We ate to our hearts' content and then Yoonkyung left for work, so I went back to my room to relax until I met with Bea to go to ESS. It had been a few weeks since I had gone to a Saturday meeting, but I was glad I went because I got to see the members in yukata (like a kimono, but for summer), which they wore in honor of the Tanabata festival that will be held this month. Everyone looked great!



Not everyone wore a yukata (obviously), but most of the girls did. I really want to wear one! My friend Rina offered to take me shopping to find one so I am now making it my mission to buy a yukata so I can wear it to a festival this month. There are also plans in the work to go to karaoke this week (of course). After the ESS meeting was officially over, Bea and I went with Rina to McDonalds to eat. Everyone else went to Kofukuji temple to take pictures though, so we ended up leaving just as everyone else arrived.

Initially, Bea and I left because we were tired, but we ended up talking in my room for a few hours once we got back. However, I slept from 12:30 until around 9:00 in the morning so I considered that an accomplishment. Sad, I know.

At 10:10 this morning I went to church with Yoonkyung and Hana as usual. It was wonderful (of course) and Yoonkyung commented on the fact that I understand a lot more now than I did when I first came to church (that seems like forever ago!). I'm also a lot more comfortable with the worship team, which is a major blessing. We got out of church late and went to Nara Family, a large department store near Todaiji train station (Tokunaga san drove us again). Hana, Yoonkyung, and I met Bea there for an early dinner. Bea wanted to shop and Yoonkyung was doing her part time job nearby soon afterwards so it worked out. Tokunaga san paid for us to eat KFC (本当に懐かしかった)AND Baskin Robbins. Basically, he's awesome. On one hand it was great because I was completely stuffed, but on the other hand, it was a lot of junk food for one day so I felt kind of bad afterwards.

Luckily, Yoonkyung, Bea, and I went shopping at Uni Glo afterwards so we got to walk off some of our meal. Hana went back with Tonkunaga san since she had a paper to write, and Yoonkyung eventually left us so she could go to her part time job. Bea and I returned to Nara shortly after we finished shopping and ended up in my room to chat again. We sat and talked about this, that, and everything inbetween for five hours. Wow! The time passed so quickly that I was really surprised when I looked at the clock and saw it was past midnight. It was nice to talk to her though-- I still miss being able to talk so freely, even though I am doing a lot better at communicating now.

Tomorrow is the start of another week (やだ!)and I only have FOUR weeks of classes left. I know I shouldn't panic, but... AAAH! While it means that I need to work hard, I'm determined to party harder and enjoy ever last moment I have in Japan.

So here's to seizing the day-- 乾杯!

No comments:

Post a Comment