A journey begins with a single step

Friday, July 29, 2011

07.26-29.11 DONE--

--with classes, that is. Yep. I am completely and totally done with my semester here! That means I have two weeks of vacation until I have to go back to reality... Although, some might argue that I have been on vacation since April, but that's not true. I've been studying hard, really!

...okay, moving on.

07.26 (火)
Tuesday was an awesome day. At 9:00 AM I went to my last Indian Dance class in order to prepare for our final performance. We managed to squeeze in one last rehearsal before we had to get dressed for the show. We put on special make up and wore sari specifically for the performance, and even though only a handful of people came, we really went all out for the occasion. Although we made some small mistakes, overall everyone did their best and we were really proud of how it turned out. (If you want to see what we did, you can find videos on my facebook!) Afterwards, everyone went out to eat at a nearby Indian restaurant to celebrate. Of course, it was delicious!





I don't think I did much else for the rest of the day because I was tired from all of the activity. I originally planned to take a nap in my room, but this translated into me spending hours on the internet uploading pictures and videos. Later on, I did manage to take a nap, only to get up and start writing my final paper for my Japanese class. In the evening I took a break to take a walk with Hana chan around Nara. We talked about various things and it it gave me an excuse to procrastinate.

07.27(水) 
I slept in late, which I hadn't planned on doing originally. As soon as I woke up I went to work to try and finish my Japanese report. It took me about three hours to translate everything from English into Japanese, and then I met Maki on campus so we could go over it together. Although there was a lot of editing to be done, I understood all of Maki's corrections and she complimented me on my Japanese. Once I finished talking with Maki, I went to soccer practice, but because only four people showed up we ended earlier than usual. From there I went straight back to my room to finish my paper along with the homework that I had forgotten about. By the time I finally finished everything I was absolutely exhausted, but because I had promised Hana chan we would meet, I went over to her place to watch some Korean dramas. I think both of us were pretty tired though because we ended up falling asleep in the middle of the show!

07.28 (木)
Thursday was probably the best day I had all week, with the number one reason being that it was my last day of classes here in Japan. Bea and I went to Japanese together and sensei actually decided to teach the class something, but I could tell that no one was really paying attention. At the end of our time together we turned in our reports and our homework-- and that was it! Afterwards, Bea and I went to lunch and we met Hana chan for a brief time. Bea had to go to class once lunch was over, but we met up again at 3 PM so we could go to karaoke. The two of us sang karaoke for three hours and had a blast doing it. I don't know what I will do when I go back to the US and can't go to karaoke! Once we finished singing, Tokunaga san and his wife from church picked me up in order to take me out for dinner since I will be leaving Japan soon. :'( Yoonkyung and Hana chan came along (of course), and Seong Hi was supposed to come, but couldn't. Before we were about to drive away from Nara Station, we caught sight of Rina. I immediately asked her to come along since the two of us won't be able to hang out after this weekend, and she joined us for dinner at a yakiniku restaurant. It was SO GOOD. Mouth-wateringly good. Basically, I was reminded of why I could never be a vegetarian...   



Once we all stuffed ourselves with meat and spicy goodness, Tokunaga san dropped us off at Nara Station. Then, us four girls walked to Rina's house to spend some time together. We ate ice cream, drank tea, and talked nonsense until nearly 2 AM. In short, it was a perfect day. <3

07.29 (金)
I woke up groggily (and begrudgingly) to go to the gym with Yoonkyung. I haven't been going to Konami lately, but I think it's okay since I have been working hard. Anyway, we went together, although we went a lot later than I had originally planned, and afterwards the two of us met Hana chan for lunch at Ichizoku. Even more exciting than the delicious food was the fact that I got my hair cut. I have been wanting to cut my hair ever since it got long enough to put in a ponytail, and today I finally got the chance to. A hair cut only cost me 2,000 yen (around $20), and I think it turned out really nice!

  
The three of us went our separate ways after that, but we promised to meet around 4 PM along with Bea and Rina in order to go take purikura together and maybe get something to eat. However, it turned out that both Hana chan and Yoonkyung overslept, so I ended up going out with only Bea and Rina. In the end though, I think it was for the best because I got to spend quality time with Bea and Rina. The three of us took some super cute purikura together, and then we ate at a cafe that I had never been to. In a spur of the moment decision I thought it would be a good idea to make apple muffins, so we went back to the dorm and I made them for everybody. Of course, we ended up talking afterwards until around 1 AM. (This seems to be a common theme between me and my friends-- these late night talks, that is.) We actually got to talk about some interesting and serious topics, including differences between our three cultures. I'm so glad that I met Rina because she has become a really close friend, which are hard to make among the Japanese since they are usually fairly reserved. Rina is different from normal Japanese girls though, which I think is why we get along so well.




Here's to celebrating differences <3

No comments:

Post a Comment