A journey begins with a single step

Monday, July 11, 2011

07.09-11.11 Blur

Wow, I can't believe it has been three days since my last post. I feel like someone hit the fast-forward button on my life. I have no time for anything, yet I feel like I am hardly doing anything at all. More work is getting piled on to my plate, but at the same time there are even more opporunities to go out and do fun things with my friends. How can I be serious when everyone wants to go someplace or another? To tell the truth, I can't be, and for once in my life, I'm fine with that. When I go back to Greensboro, I'll be working hard in preparation for graduation next year. So for now, I'm going to enjoy myself to the fullest.

>>

Saturday was fairly normal. Even though it was unbearably hot, I went to soccer practice as usual. The heat made things difficult, but luckily I got to leave a little early because I had plans to meet Yoonkyung. She helped me cancel my membership at Konami for next month (since I will be traveling most of August I don't plan on going to the gym.) After we took care of that, we spent some time walking around and visited a few stores in the area. In the evening I had planned to go with Bea to ESS, but my soccer practice had made me extremely tired so I opted to stay home and do laundry instead. I'm glad I did, because I was out of pretty much everything!

Sunday was also more of the same. I went to church with Hana chan and Yoonkyung and I was able to get rid of the rest of my brownies, which everyone said were delicious. <3 After church was over and we were preparing to do worship practice, I got to learn some fun childhood games from Yoonkyung and Hana chan. They mostly involved hitting eachother (no, seriously), but they were interesting and challenging. Of course, I am a highly competitive person so I enjoyed them. Once church was over, I went back to my room to relax and take a nap. Both Yoonkyung and Hana chan had their part time jobs so I stayed in my room until the time I had promised to meet a girl from ESS at McDonald's. She had asked me to help her study for an English test that she will be taking next month. Her studying consisted of reading fairly difficult articles in English and then answering questions on them. The questions reminded me of something you might see on the SAT. I was surprised at how difficult they were, but together we were able to work through several articles and she told me that I had made things easy for her to understand. I was just happy that I could help!

I didn't do anything after I got back, and I actually ended up going to bed before midnight because I was so exhausted (a new record for me.) Today was the start of another week, but it turned out to be a pretty good day. I went to my Japanese class and actually understood everything we covered, ate lunch with Chan and Kana, who I hadn't spent time with in a while, attended Budou (did everything perfectly for once), and finished up by playing badmitton in gym class. It was my first time playing badmitton, but I think I did pretty well. From there I went back to my room and showered. Then I briefly met with Yoonkyung, who told me that she had a friend in Korea whose sister would be attending UNC in the fall-- and she knew one of my friends at UNCG because they had gone to high school together. It's a small world after all! Then, at 7:00, I met with Bea, Yoonkyung, Hana, Kana, and Tora (a girl who had interviewed me previously for a project she was doing) and we all went to Baby Face to eat dinner. I ate more than I have probably eaten in this entire past week, and I laughed and joked easily with everyone just like I would have in America. Honestly, I was so incredibly happy just to be out with friends. It was an amazing feeling. Afterwards we walked around Nara for a little while before stopping in to Mister Donuts for dessert. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and I especially enjoyed myself.





These past three days have gone by in a blur. There are only three weeks of classes left (including this one!) and then I have two weeks of vacation before I start school at UNCG. Cheers~!

No comments:

Post a Comment