A journey begins with a single step

Monday, July 18, 2011

07.16-18.11 海の日

Thank God for this three day weekend. I definitely needed an extra day to relax (although to be honest, I didn't rest much.)

On Saturday I got up early to go to soccer practice. We made a trip to the Nara University of Education to practice with the girl's club team there. Although I really enjoyed the change of pace, it was blazing hot (35 degrees C) and I managed to get a few new scrapes and bruises to add to my collection. Once I was thoroughly beat up from practice, I showered and met Yoonkyung so we could go to lunch together. Then the two of us went back to her office so we could search for a hotel for when we go to Korea. We finally found one that was affordable, but we weren't able to book it on her computer due to technical difficulties so we would have to wait until the next day. In addition to looking for a hotel, we made an advertisement for our Indian Dance class. Our final performance is the week after next and we are inviting as many people as possible to come and watch. It's both exciting and nerve racking. I hope everything goes well! Because I was thoroughly exhausted from soccer, I returned to my room to take a nap before going late to ESS with Bea. We went to McDonald's afterwards (like usual), but I left early to take care of some laundry that I had to do.

Sunday was also pretty busy. I went to church in the morning with Yoonkyung and Hana chan, but because I had soccer (again) in the afternoon, I left around 1:00. At 2:00 we had a practice game. I don't know how we always manage to practice in the hottest part of the day, but the heat was practically unbearable. My entire body felt like it was on fire. I definitely got a shade or two darker as a result. By the time we finished our game it was almost 5 PM. After quickly showering and getting changed, I met Yoonkyung as she got back from church so we could eat takoyaki together. She had to go to her part time job after that though so I went back to my room and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the night. Around 1 AM I went over to Yoonkyung's dorm to wait for the Women's World Cup to start. America was facing off against Japan in the championships so I didn't want to miss it. Around 2 AM, Rina joined us. At 3:45 AM the game started. It was an amazing game, and America dominated most of the time, but the score didn't reflect it. At the end of regulation,  the score was 1-1. In overtime, America scored first, but Japan came back in the last minutes to tie it yet again. America lost in PKs, so I wasn't very happy. I got back to my room at 7 AM, cranky and exhausted. Thank goodness we had the day off. There was no way I would have been able to go to class after that. Why did we have Monday off, you ask? Well, it's national Beach Day in Japan. No, really. They have an entire day dedicated to the appreciation of the beach. Maybe this explains why there is a beach episode in every anime. Anyway, I digress.

Three hours later I was up again because I had promised to meet my friend Kimi for karaoke. Rina and Bea came too, as did two of Kimi's Japanese friends. Together, we sang for a total of six hours. Needless to say, I was even more exhausted by the time we finished. The fact that it was raining only made my lethargy worse. As soon as I got back to my room I passsed out for a good three hours. Then it was time to edit and practice my final presentation for Beginner's Japanese, which I will be presenting in class tomorrow. I probably should have practiced more, but I am not too worried about it. I can't believe there are only two weeks of class left. That means it's crunch time, especially since I haven't studied that much in the last few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment