A journey begins with a single step

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

05.25.11 Beyond Exhaustion

I woke up at 6 AM today. No, not by choice. I think because the sun rises on my side of the building, it makes it very difficult for me to sleep (among other things). I am used to sleeping in complete darkness, so when the sun rises at 5 AM and I get the brunt of it, it doesn't work out so well for me. In any case, I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. Again, I just laid in bed until 7:30 or so, which is when I had to take out my trash. (I was victorious in this endeavor, by the way.) I laid back down for another hour or so, which is when I had to get up to get ready for the gym. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have ran as much as I did at the gym when I knew I would have soccer practice later in the day, but oh well.

Once we finished, Bea, Yoonkyung, and I ran into Chan on our way out of Konami, so we invited her to have coffee with us at Tully's, which is quickly becoming my favorite coffee shop here. Together, we also managed to make plans to go to different places. This Friday is Chan's birthday, so we might do something together, although I already have plans to go out to dinner and karaoke with Kimi so I am not sure how it will work out. In June, there is a day that I have off from class because the teacher is taking a personal day, so Chan, Bea, and I are going to go to Osaka (hooray!!!). Then, that same week, I am meeting Ryoko in Kyoto (she will be coming to UNCG in the fall.) Also, I think plans to visit Universal Studios is in the works. Add my birthday into the mix and June is looking like a fun month. I can't wait!

Once we finished making day trip plans, we said goodbye to Chan and went to eat lunch at a restaurant that Yoonkyung took me to before. I think it is my favorite restaurant here because it is cheap and they give you a lot of food, but I always forget the name of it! In any case, we ate a delicious meal and went back to school. I wanted to take a nap, but decided to go to Yoonkyung's office instead so we could study before I went to soccer practice.

I blame Youtube for why we didn't actually study.

At 4:30 I begrudingly went to soccer practice. Of course, it was fun, but we ran a lot more than usual. Or maybe I just felt like we did since I was already exhausted to begin with. After showering, I went over to Yoonkyung's dorm and we made dinner. Well, she made something. I brought sushi and grapes and she provided Korean ramen and kimchi (delicious!). Once we had eaten dinner, my entire body seemed to turn into jelly. Hana came over, and I laid down on Yoonkyung's bed and half listened to the TV while she and Yoonkyung talked. Around 11 PM, Yoonkyung walked me halfway back to my dorm. My whole body was sore and I couldn't really focus on what she was saying because of how badly I needed to sleep, so I mumbled a good night and shuffled off.

I slept through the entire night this time.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment