A journey begins with a single step

Friday, May 27, 2011

05.27.11 "Firework"

It rained again today. The weather here reminds me of when I lived in Washington state as a kid. I know a lot of people hate the rain, but I absolutely love it. For me it's like God pulling a giant blanket over the sky as he pours life-giving water on the earth. Beautiful!

I slept through the night again and ate a wonderfully delicious lunch before going with Yoonkyung to our Sports Law and Politics class. It was really interesting today. We were talking about the Olympics, and we focused on the Beijing Olympics in particular. I didn't realize there was such a huge scandal involving the Olympic torch relay and Tibet not being able to participate in the games. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you should google it. It's kind of sad!

Once class was over, Yoonkyung and I met Hana at the same cafe we went to this past Sunday. I had the waffles this time and they were absolutely delicious. Afterwards, Yoonkyung and I met in her office to study for a little while. Towards the end of our time together we went to give Chan her birthday presents. She really liked them! I was relieved.

I decorated Chan's door at midnight! She was surprised in the morning <3


Yoonkyung's present!


PANDA PILLOW
 See what I mean by the panda pillow? SO. CUTE. <3

After we had given Chan her gifts, I met up with Bea so we could go out with Kimi (the Taiwanese girl I met at English Cafe) and her Japanese friend, Uchi. (Yoonkyung decided not to come because she hasn't been in her office lately and felt bad about it.) The four of us met up by Nara station and went to Ichizoku, which is quickly becoming my favorite cheap restaurant. It is the same one I went to with Bea and Yoonkyung the other day. I finally remembered the name! Also, I realized that I was able to understand everything that was said during our conversation at dinner, which made me happy.

Once we were done eating, we all went out to karaoke. Uchi had to leave early because she was going to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie (I get to see it on Monday!), so Kimi, Bea, and I sang for three hours. Singing with Kimi was incredibly fun because she spoke fluent English and only chose popular American songs to sing. Because I knew every song that she picked, we got to sing together, which was a lot more fun than singing by myself. The three hours flew by, and we left karaoke completely stoked at having found new singing partners to go out with.

She's definitely invited to karaoke when I go out for my birthday next month ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment