A journey begins with a single step

Thursday, May 26, 2011

05.26.11 休講

I know that Sunday is technically the day of rest, but Thursday works just as well. I actually slept through the entire night (hallelujah)! The downside of this was that when Bea and I got to class, we found that it had been cancelled for the day, which meant that I could have slept in. However, Bea and I got to sit and drink coffee while going over some grammar points together so it worked out well. Afterwards we ate lunch together and I quickly went to the International Center to pick out my bike via "lottery". Literally, I stuck my hand in a box and pulled out a ping pong ball with a number on it. The bike that corresponded to that number would be mine for the semester. Turns out I pulled "12," which was the same number on the bike that I borrwed this past week. I think it is the only new bike of the bunch, so I was absolutely thrilled that I got it. It's a pretty blue color with a basket and a working light on the front. Score!!

After I had gotten my bike, I met up with Yoonkyung so we could have coffee at Tully's as well as go shopping for Chan's birthday present. We shopped around in Vivre, the department store next to Tully's. I ended up buying her the cutest panda pillow ever. Everyone likes pandas, right? I mean, you can't look at a panda without smiling (unless there is something wrong with you.) Anyway, I digress. Yoonkyung also bought Chan a present: a cute coffee mug that has a popular cartoon deer on it. I think she will like what we got her.


So cute that it hurts
Since my body was still incredibly sore from yesterday (the the point where even walking hurt), I decided not to go to my volleyball class. Yoonkyung and I studied in her office instead (well, for a little while anyway) and discussed our future travel plans together. Around seven or so we both were hungry so we went back to her dorm to eat. Of course, she made delicious Korean food. (Side note: I apologize for the lack of pictures in my posts lately. I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me places.) To end the day, the two of us went to Konami. I swam for a little bit, but I didn't push myself. Bea met us there and the three of us went back together.

I just returned from decorating the door to Chan's room. (She lives two floors above me.) I know this is traditionally an American thing to do, but I hope she is pleasantly surprised when she wakes up in the morning and sees what I wrote. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment