A journey begins with a single step

Thursday, April 21, 2011

04.21.11 Coming Down with Something

I think I may be getting a cold. I've been sneezing all day and coughing. I'm going to bed early and drinking lots of orange juice in the hopes I can fight it off early.

This morning I had Japanese. I am happy to say that I was fully prepared for class thanks to the studying and research I did beforehand. When it was my turn to determine what was wrong with a sentence, I actually gave the right answer. I know it's a small achievement, but it still made me happy. Apparently, we now have homework due for next class. However, our next class won't be in two weeks thanks to the fact that Japan's Golden Week starts next Thursday. That means an entire week off from school thanks to the national holidays that fall during that time. I am relieved because that gives me more time to work on (or not work on) the assignment.

After the lunch break, I went to my volleyball class. Well, I thought I went to my volleyball class. Turns out I was one class period early so I accidentally walked in to another first year gym class. The sensei explained to me my mistake and I bowed out amidst laughs and giggles. I was embarrassed for sure, but decided to play it off by laughing about it. With an hour and a half before my class, I chose to kill time productively and went to the study room next to the International Division's office to review some Japanese. I left when it was time for my volleyball class to start (for sure this time). We warmed up by passing-- my group got over 120 consecutive passes (pretty sweet!). Then we worked on serving and receiving before having a couple short games between the three teams that were formed.

It surprises me how good all of the girls in my class are. For one thing, they all participate with enthusiasm, which is more than I can say for the students I've come across in UNCG activity classes. In addition to their good attitudes, a lot of them can actually play-- and play fairly well. It makes me curious as to what type of sports and activities they did growing up in middle school and high school. Maybe playing sports was required or something? Who knows. In any case, everyone came to play and I had a great time.

After class I returned to my room to work on translating the article for my class tomorrow. I've taken a big chunk out of it so I've decided to retire early and let my mind and body rest. Tomorrow is Friday! Time sure is flying by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment