A journey begins with a single step

Thursday, June 2, 2011

06.02.11 You Can Sleep When You're Dead

Getting up today was extremely difficult. I want to strangle whoever decided that the best time for us to take out the garbage was between 7-8 AM. Anyway, I went straight back to sleep after I had taken out the trash, but 10 AM came all too quickly.

We finally had Japanese today. I learned that my teacher's father had died, which was why we didn't have any class last week. I felt bad for her, but she went on with teaching without any indication that she felt upset about it. When class was over, I ate lunch with Melanie and Rafael before going to Vivre. I met Yoonkyung there and she helped me find the text book that I have been borrowing from the International Student Center so I could finally buy it. Now I don't have to worry about returning the text book. After stopping for coffee at Tully's I went to my volleyball class. My team came out on top in every game today, which made me happy. I always sweat profusely in that class though, so I looked like I had jumped in a swimming pool by the time I left the gym. (And no, that isn't an exaggeration.)

From class I quickly ate a snack in my room before going to ESS for musical practice. Kana had me edit the English script that they came up with last week, and today we finally assigned roles and practiced our parts. I am sharing the role of Sebastian with another person, which means I really don't have that many lines, but  I'm not that upset because I still get to sing. : )

ESS finished around 8:30, so I hurried back to my room, changed, and met Yoonkyung and Bea so we could go to Konami. I ended up swimming in the pool for about an hour and felt pretty good, albeit hungry, afterwards. My last task of the day included writing up my mini report for Inoue sensei's class. I have been extremely lucky so far because all of my teachers have allowed me to write my assignments in English, but I want to at least try to write my volleyball report in Japanese. That isn't due until later this month so I have more time to prepare for it.

Today was jam packed with activities, but I still have a million things on my to-do list. I don't think it would bother me so much if I wasn't tired all the time. I don't get a break, even on the weekends, so finding time to do everything I want is difficult.

Oh well. I'll sleep when I'm dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment