A journey begins with a single step

Thursday, June 23, 2011

06.22-23.11 Back to Normal

I really didn't feel like writing in my blog yesterday because 1. the day sucked, and 2. it was completely normal. Everything in comparison to my birthday just seems so... well, boring.

I woke up early even though I went to bed late, so I lazed around my room until lunch time. I met up with Hana, Bea, and Yoonkyung, but Yoonkyung was in a bad mood because she hadn't gotten much sleep and didn't do well in her meeting for her seminar class. It was one of the few times that I had seen Yoonkyung cranky so it depressed me.

After lunch, I went with Bea to Tully's so we could study some Japanese together. The coffee should have made me feel better, but I couldn't focus the entire time we were there. Sometimes I really think I am ADD.

Three hours passed quickly at Tully's, and from there we returned to school to attend a Sado activity (another cultural experience for exchange students.) Sado is the name for the Japanese tea ceremony, another traditional art of Japan that has a strong tie to the time of the samurai. It was interesting, but because ten people came to the session, we repeated the same process ten times, something that I felt was tedious. It didn't help that I was hungry the entire time we were there. Immediately after the two hours had passed, I returned to my dorm to eat a little bit and take a nap.

I woke up from my nap with an awful stomach ache. Even so, I had promised to go to the gym with Yoonkyung and Bea so I went, although reluctantly. Exercise only made me feel worse, however. I'm surprised I didn't throw up on the way out the door. Because I wanted something to settle my stomach, we swung by McDonalds on our way home and I ate something small. Thankfully, I felt much better afterwards.

Bea and I said goodbye to Yoonkyung, who was still rather gloomy. When we got back to our dorm, Bea and I ended up talking until early in the morning about this and that. It made me a little happier just having someone to talk to, but it didn't change the fact that the day was less than perfect.

>>

Today was also very, very normal, albeit the hottest day in Japan since I've been here (I felt like I was back in NC!). Bea and I went to Japanese together and then we met Yoonkyung for lunch at Ichizoku, my favorite cheap restaurant. I was happy to see that Yoonkyung's mood had improved 100% from the day before. It automatically made me a lot happier. We ate until we were all full and then went to Tully's for some coffee. From there, I went to my volleyball class where I turned in my report and played volleyball in the sticky heat of the gym.

When volleyball finished I had a little bit of time before I went to ESS musical practice, something I haven't attended in two weeks. I think I will be relieved when it is over with because I seem to be getting busier everyday and don't have time to spend on it. I left practice a little early so I could eat a snack before going to the gym with Bea and Yoonkyung. I worked hard and sweated up a storm, which left me feeling ravenous when we left. I know I didn't eat much today, but it still annoys me when Yoonkyung and Bea got on my case for not cooking my own meals. I don't have the time or money to be making full scale meals for myself everyday. It's not like I am trying to avoid eating, I'm just a busy person.
Yeah, I won't go into it more because it will just make me irritated. In any case, these past two days were hot, tiring, and ultimately paled in comparison to Tuesday, but I guess that is to be expected.

I just hope things improve soon because I have less than two months left in Japan and I don't want to waste a single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment