A journey begins with a single step

Friday, June 17, 2011

06.17.11 Two Months

Two months from today, I will be going back to the US. It's really strange knowing that I am more than half way done with my study abroad exchange. I still feel like I just got here, probably because there is still a lot I don't know. It's depressing to know I won't have more time to spend with all of my new friends, so I want to stay positive and not waste a single day!

The day started out pretty well. I ate lunch with Maki and Ena and discussed my birthday party plans. I am really excited for the party they are throwing for me now because we will be making takoyaki and hot cakes at Ena's. (If you recall, Ena's house was the first place I ever ate takoyaki.) There are also planning to take me to a nearby onsen. I am totally down for that!

In class I didn't really pay much attention to the lecture. I know it's bad, but I have such a hard time focusing on what Inoue sensei says. I will try to do better... next time.

After class I wanted to get coffee so I texted Bea to see if she wanted to go with me, but she was busy doing something else. I decided not to study in Yoonkyung's office and instead went back to my room with the intent of getting started on my paper for volleyball.

Five hours later I had taken a nap, eaten dinner, done laundry, and surfed Youtube, but I had not so much as touched my volleyball report. I waited for Yoonkyung to get done with her part time job so we could go to the gym at 9:00. At least that was productive. We got to see Bea there, but only for a moment. Because she was busy today she wanted to go at a time that best fit her schedule.

When I got home from the gym I was treated to a large package from my best friend in Greensboro. She had sent me a box of stuff for my birthday, which cost her a steep $60 to send me (ouch!). If that's not love, I don't know what is. I was incredibly happy to find apple muffin and brownie mix inside, along with a few other things that had personal meaning. Michelle, thanks so much for going out of your way to do all of that for my birthday! It really made me feel special!


Apple Muffin Tuesday FTW
So, although my day was relatively unproductive, it was relaxing, which was something that I needed. Some days I just want to shut myself in my room and not interact with people (not in the anti-social way though). I'm sure by next week I will be ready to go out and party with my friends, but for now I am enjoying some peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment