A journey begins with a single step

Sunday, June 26, 2011

06.26.11 Squeezing

Today was a good day. The best thing is, it wasn't that different from any other Sunday. For some reason though, I was very happy and content when I went home for the night.

It started out normally. I went to church. Even though the ESS musical was scheduled to start at 1:00, the first half of church ended at 12:30 so I figured I could make it on time. Church was just what I needed. The message was exactly what I needed to hear, and it always makes me feel prepared to start the week. I left quickly from church, but still managed to be a bit late when I arrived to shool. I felt bad for making my group worry, but at least we weren't performing first!

The musicals were so much fun! The first group performed Kiki's Delivery Service. I wasn't sure how they could make it into a musical, but they managed pretty well. They did a great job and it was really cool to see the props they made. After the first group, my group performed The Little Mermaid. I was so proud of everything we accomplished. Everyone perforrmed perfectly and I had fun being Sebastian (crab walk included). I might be biased, but I thought our group did the best ;) The last group (Bea's group), did High School Musical. I was really impressed by how they included every song and dance from the movie, but on the other hand, the English pronounciation of the members' was the worst out of all the groups. Even so, they did their very best and by the time all was said and done, I could tell everyone had a lot of pride for the work we had done.




Unfortunately, I had planned to hang out with Yoonkyung, Hana, and Seong Hi (spelling?) after church so I ended up leaving the musical early and didn't find out who won the individual awards for the competition. (I still don't know the results, but I plan on finding out from Bea soon.) It probably looked bad that I had come late and was leaving early, but I really wanted to go shopping with the girls because I badly needed some shorts.

We went to a big mall nearby, the same one that Bea, Yoonkyung, Hana and I had went to when we saw Pirates of the Caribbean. Tokunaga san, an older man from church, drove us. He's been driving us to church for the past few weeks and always seems willing to take us any place that we need to go. He waited while we went to Uni Glo, a very popular store in Japan for it's good quality clothes and cheap prices. I was able to buy two new pairs of shorts (hallelujah), and I happy to say that they fit me perfectly. Once everyone had found what they came for, we met up again and Tokunaga san treated us to lunch at an all-you-could-eat buffet. We stuffed ourselves with as much food as we could before making the drive back to Yoonkyung's dorm.

I hung out with Yoonkyung and Hana in the parlor of their dorm. We watched Japanese TV and got to talk about some things. It was nice to just talk with them again. I feel like Yoonkyung has been super busy with her part time job lately, so we haven't really gotten to sit down and talk like we used to. Around 11:00 I finally got back to my dorm, but of course, didn't sleep right away.

Staying up late, squeezing every minute out of every day-- this is what I live for.

Loving life right now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment