A journey begins with a single step

Sunday, June 12, 2011

06.12.11 Greater Things

Today at church I had the chance to meet a high school student named Tatsuo who just returned from spending a year in the USA. He went to a boarding school is Austin, Texas. I was impressed at how fluent he was in English. His pronounciation was amazing! At first I was a bit jealous of him, but it just goes to show that I can also become fluent in Japanese-- in time.

Church was powerful today. During our prayer time, I gave my testimony. I was incredibly blessed to have Yoonkyung translate what I said into Japanese for me. I felt like I didn't have much of a testimony to give-- I was born into a Christian family so I have known Jesus all my life, but I was able to share some of what God has been saying to me lately. For one thing, everyone worships God differently, but that's okay. God created us all different, so our worship shouldn't be the same! I love going to different churches and seeing how people praise Him. The other thing God has really been impressing on me is that I will be returning to Japan in the near future. I am not sure if missionary work is what He has in mind for me, but I am ready and willing to follow wherever he leads. My soul has been stirring ever since I arrived in Japan, and I can tell that greater things are yet to be done in this country. The Lord is ready to move here! I feel His Spirit and it is incredibly exciting! I definitely want to be in Japan when God pours his Spirit out.

When church was over, Yoonkyung and I went to an Italian cafe for coffee and to talk. We worked out some things for when we go to Korea and discussed our plans (or lack of them) for the future. I know that God brought me to Japan at this specific time for a reason, and I feel like Yoonkyung is part of that reason. I have very few people whom I consider close friends, but for reason, even though I've only known Yoonkyung for two months, she is like a sister to me. I guess that's what happens when you are part of God's family! It's deeply encouraging to have her at my side. If I hadn't met her I think I would be pretty lonely right now.

Because it was getting late and I hadn't done homework yet, I said goodbye to Yoonkyung so I could work on my presentation for Japanese. I've made a lot of progress, but it's still not finished, even though I spent close to five hours on it. The worst part of it is that I still have homework for my Thursday Japanese class and a paper to write for next week. I don't know how I will get it all done, but it looks like I need to crack down on myself a little bit more.

All play and no work makes Corrinne a stressed girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment