A journey begins with a single step

Saturday, June 18, 2011

06.18.11 Soaked

I had a soccer game today. In theory, it should have been a lot of fun, but I had to be at the field by 12:30 to help set up, and then we practiced/warmed up until 2:30. At 2:30, we finally started our game. We played some of the teachers from our school along with some younger guys who looked like they could have been in college. In short, we got our asses handed to us. For one thing, we were really unorganized, and for another, it rained on and off the entire time. By the end of the match it was downpouring. I was too soaked and tired to even want to move. We lost by enough points that I didn't bother to remember the score, and afterwards were lectured by Kai sensei, our club advisor.


Felt kind of like this

I didn't get back to my room until about 5:45 so I was absolutely starving. I showered and ate some ramen, but then I had to rush out the door to meet Yoonkyung and Hana so we could go to church. We came up with a skit that we are performing tomorrow for Father's Day so we had to practice. Of course, we got to eat dinner at church: delicious curry rice with kimchi. Then we ran through the skit a couple of times. I am the main character (not sure why), but luckily my lines aren't too difficult. (We're basically performing a modern version of the story of the prodigal's son). I got to be silly and have fun so it was a good stress reliever. Everyone complimented me on my acting skills, and I was reminded of when I was a part of Kidstuf at Daystar (my church's drama team.) I've definitely missed perforrming!

We finished a little after 9 PM, but I wasn't ready to go back to my room just yet so Yoonkyung and I found an old American movie on the television in her dorm and watched it. I like watching English movies with Japanese subtitles because I can practice my reading and still understand what is going on.

In any case, I got back around 11 PM. Now it's time to get some rest because tomorrow is going to be completely occupied by church and the homework I have been putting off...

No comments:

Post a Comment