A journey begins with a single step

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

06.27-28.11 Apple Muffin Goodness

I see that I have started progressing to one post for every two days. This is probably due to the fact that I have become increasingly busy-- and also increasingly lazy.

Oh, Monday. I went to Japanese class as per usual, had lunch with Bea, Yoonkyung, and Hana, and then went to Budou. We are learning more set scenarios for kendo, which will lead up to our final class performance. They are basically choreographed "fight" scenes, but a lot more elegant. Bea and I had a hard time memorizing the steps for some reason (the intense heat being one), but eventually managed to do them right. After class, we went to gym where we were still playing volleyball. Thankfully, it was better than the first time we played, but still no where near as good as my actual volleyball class.

I was absolutely exhausted by the time I finished classes so I went back to my room to vegetate. I really don't think I did anything productive. Of course, I had planned to study, but that idea went up in flames as I got lost on Youtube and Stumbleupon. (If you don't know what stumbleupon is, it's probably for your own good.) Around 8:30, Bea and I decided to go to Konami, so at least I got a work out in. Afterwards, I met Yoonkyung just to chat. We ended up staying up later than we had intended, but I really enjoy our conversations so I was glad we got the chance to talk.

>>>

Tuesday was a compartively better day. I got up and went to my Indian Dance class. We got to make a new dance by using the dances we first created in pairs and combining them with other groups' dances. It was pretty interesting, but it didn't take long for me to start sweating up a storm thanks to the intense humidity. By the time we started practicing our Indian dance routine, I was basically a sweat fountain so I decided to go straight back to my room to shower instead of going to lunch. Of course, I was extremely tired from staying up late and from exerting myself in class, so I took a nap instead of eating.

I woke up to a call from Yoonkyung reminding me that I had class at 2:40, but I was feeling extremely hungry and drowsy so I decided to take the time to eat and ended up skipping class. I wasn't completely unproductive though, because I spent a good four hours studying kanji in Yoonkyung's office. By then, we were both tired and more than a little bit hungry so we decided to go get some food and a few things that I needed.

This is where things got interesting. I had assumed that Yoonkyung rode her bike to school so I brought my bike to her office so we could ride them together. However, it turned out that she didn't have her bike. I figured we would walk, but she said it wasn't a problem-- we would just ride my bike. Um, what? Two people on one bike? She assured me it wasn't a big deal though, and trusting her, I let her drive while I rode on the back of my bike. The experience was... exciting, to say the least. It was difficult to drive straight with two people (I couldn't do it), but Yoonkyung managed pretty well while I held on for dear life. We go a few strange looks from the people we passed, but Yoonkyung and I laughed the whole way to the supermarket.

I bought milk because I wanted to make some muffins that night by using the apple muffin mix my friends had sent me for my birthday. After buying what I needed, Yoonkyung suggested that we buy some takoyaki for dinner. Of course, I was all for that, so we stopped at a takoyaki stand near another supermarket that we sometimes go to. The man running the stand was friendly and made small talk with us while we waited for our food. Turns out that he was only twenty years old, but was working full time and learning how to make takoyaki. I had a laugh when he tried to guess who was the older out of the two of us. He thought that I was the older one, so I got to tease Yoonkyung about that afterwards. The best part of all was when he decided to give us ten takoyaki free because they weren't fresh anymore (but still warm). So, Yoonkyung I ended up with 16 pieces of takoyaki for only 350 yen. We made out like bandits!



With dinner and milk in hand, we returned to my dorm to eat and to invite Bea to join us in the kitchen. I successfully made apple muffins! However, it took me two tries to get it right because the instructions on the package were less than clear. The first time I put too much milk in the batter so it became soupy, but Bea saved it by adding flour and eggs so we could make apple pancakes (yum!). I was happy that everyone thought the muffins I made were delicious. Hana chan even stopped by after she got off of work so she could eat some. While we were eating, we found The Dark Knight (my favorite movie of all time) on the television (in English with Japanese subtitles), so we stayed up to watch it. Everyone ended up going home around 1:00 in the morning, but I went to bed satisfied.




I am thankful for my friends <3

No comments:

Post a Comment