A journey begins with a single step

Sunday, June 5, 2011

06.04-05.11 Sick

I didn't post yesterday because I was feeling pretty crappy. My throat felt like it had shards of glass in it all day. Initially I woke up with the intent of going to English Cafe, but quickly decided that was a bad idea since it would require talking, and talking hurt. I did, however, go to soccer practice in the blazing heat. We didn't start on time because a bunch of freshmen were using the ground for a dodgeball tournament. Apparently it was field day or something. I remember those from middle school. Fun times. In any case, it was probably good that we started late because it was awfully hot. My throat didn't feel any better after four hours of practice either (surprise, surprise), so I showered, ate, and went with Bea to buy some medicine at the drug store. I discovered that medicine in Japan is fairly expensive so I don't plan on getting sick again any time soon. Once I had some meds in my system, Bea and I popped into ESS for free talk and musical preparation. I'm not enjoying the musical as much as I thought I would because the script is somewhat lacking, but I am going to do my best for everyone else's sake. We went to McDonald's afterwards, but even that wasn't that enjoyable because my head and throat were throbbing. I retired early and went to bed as soon as I got back to my dorm, but was woken up by a text message.

 It took a while for me to get back to sleep, but I woke up feeling much better. Church went extremely well. I actually felt rested, and although my throat still hurt, I kept up a steady stream of medicine and fluids so I was okay most of the time. Yoonkyung and Hana both came late because they overslept, but I was extremely glad to see them. The sermon was easy for me to understand, too, so I was really happy about that.

After church was over, Yoonkyung went with me to Softbank so I could put more minutes on my phone. I realized that I had run out of my plan when I couldn't send text messages. Woops. When that was taken care of, we took a long bike ride to a giant supermarket so we could buy all of the fixings for *drum roll* tacos! And no, I don't mean tako as in octopus, but real, Mexican tacos. The two of us made them together (complete with guacamole) once we got back to Yoonkyung's dorm. Of course, they couldn't match my mom's, but I think I was too happy to care. They were delicious! When Yoonkyung, Hana, and I were full of yummy goodness, we spent some time vegetating and watching TV. I returned to my dorm having done no homework, but with my throat and heart feeling 100% better.

This week is sure to be jam packed with adventure so I don't have time to be sick anymore. I claim victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment