A journey begins with a single step

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

06.14.11 No Apple Muffins For Me

If you don't eat apple muffins on Tuesday, it's not a good Tuesday.

I did not eat any apple muffins.

I started off the day by going to my Indian Dance class. It didn't take long for me to realize that it isn't the best class to skip. (If you recall, last week I went to Osaka on Tuesday.) We had learned a lot more steps so I had to struggle to keep up. In the end though, I was able to learn everything that I had missed. The dance is becoming more and more intricate as we add on new segments. I am really interested to see how it will look in the end.

After class was over, I went with Bea and Yoonkyung to a new restaurant by our school called Sakura Burger. Even though it was somewhat expensive, the burgers were large and tasted just like American burgers. I was really impressed. The even had real American mustard and ketchup! It was funny watching Yoonkyung and Bea try to eat their burgers. They had the messiest ones on the menu I think.




Immediately after lunch, I became extremely tired so I decided to take a nap before my next class. In Beginner's Japanese our presentation's scripts were returned to us with some corrections and suggestions. Luckily, I didn't have too many on mine since Yoonkyung helped me edit already. We only had three people come to class though, which was somewhat daunting. I got a lot of practice during our writing and reading exercises though, which was good, and our sensei decided to end class early.

Even though I was still incredibly sleepy after class, it was too early to go to bed so I started to do homework and study. I basically finished my Thursday homework and then I started to study kanji. Around 9 PM my attention span was waning, so I decided to go to Yoonkyung's office to study instead. I always focus better when I don't study in my room. By midnight I couldn't study anymore so I sleepily returned to the dorm.

I'm not sure why I was tired all day, or why my body seemed to ache for no apparent reason. It could be "girl" issues, or possibly from stress (which is more likely). Either way, it sucked.

However, my birthday is next Tuesday! I better have some apple muffins by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment