A journey begins with a single step

Friday, June 3, 2011

06.03.11 Americano

I blame Yoonkyung for gettting the song "Americano" stuck in my head. Other than that, the blog title has nothing to do with what I did today.

Waking up at 11 AM was probably the best thing I did all week. I was able to skype with both friends and family as I got ready for my one class of the day. At 1 PM I went to my Sports Law and Politics class. Yoonkyung ended up not coming because she wasn't feeling well. We shared our reports in class, which was somewhat awkward for me since I had written mine in English. I think Inoue sensei understood what I was saying though, and he was able to explain my main points to the class.

After class had finished I went to run a few errands. This included buying more stamps, paying my electric bill, and buying a few things at the grocery store that I needed . I met with Yoonkyung in her office when I got back. She gave me a brownie that she had bought for me. Although it wasn't as good as the brownies I've had in America, I was really pleased that she had remembered my brownie craving and thought to buy one for me. Because my throat has been bothering me, Yoonkyung took me to the school store to buy some cough drops. I really need to buy some medicine, but I keep forgetting when I go out. We also stopped by the International Programs Office so we could do our monthly sign in. While we were there the people working in the office told me that one of Nara's students would be going to UNCG next semester and that she wanted to meet me. They gave her my contact information and after exchanging a few text messages, we decided to meet on Monday of next week. I am really excited to meet her!

Around 6 PM I said goodbye to Yoonkyung so I could meet up with Ena and Asami. Together, the three of us went out to eat at a traditional Japanese restaurant. Everything was delicious (even though I had no idea what I was eating), and the waitress even complimented me on my Japanese and asked where I was from. Once we had eaten our fill at dinner, we went to another restaurant for dessert. I had a delicious apple and caramel parfait. Yum! The best part of the outing was the fact that I found myself chatting easily in Japanese and understanding almost everything that was said. It surprises me how much I have improved in only two months! I know I get down on myself a lot, but today was one of the few times that I really felt proud of what I have accomplished. I am trying to make more plans with Ena. She suggested going to Universal Studios Japan, and I know that Yoonkyung has mentioned it a few times so I hope we can all go soon!
 

Entrance to the restaurant
 
 
Ena!


My dessert!

I decided to take a break from Konami today since I am tired and starting to catch a cold. Now I'm debating on whether or not I should study before I go to bed. Maybe I should just take a rest. I think I've done enough for one week!


No comments:

Post a Comment