A journey begins with a single step

Friday, June 10, 2011

06.10.11 Homework? What's that?

Honestly, I was going to lament over how I didn't get anything done today, but I'd much rather talk about how awesome it was instead.

I met Yoonkyung and Hana for lunch at noon in the school cafeteria. Afterwards, Yoonkyung and I went to our Sports Law and Politics class. Thankfully, it went by quick today, but that might have had something to do with the fact that I was doodling in my notes most of the time. I know we were talking about the Moscow Olympics and the Cold War. Or something like that.

Once class was over, Yoonkyung and I went to Tully's cafe. Because it was raining, we couldn't resist singing "Americano," so we had no choice but to drink coffee. Since Tully's is connected to Vivre, we decided to have a look around once we were done with our drinks. I needed a new bag because my purse was on its last leg (literally, the strap was about to break because I have used it so much). I ended up buying a cute little backpack that a lot of the girls at school have. And, with Yoonkyung's persuasion, I tried on a cute shirt and bought that too. Although I don't have a lot of money to be spending, I decided I would consider it my birthday present to myself so I didn't feel guilty. It's super cute! I plan on wearing it tomorrow so maybe I will put a picture up later. From Vivre, Yoonkyung and I went our separate ways. I did my best to study and review some kanji before going to Konami with Bea and Yoonkyung later in the evening. At least my time at the gym I was productive. I biked for fifteen minutes, did the stair stepper for ten minutes, and ran hard for thirty-five minutes. (I ran 5 kilometers!)

When we had all finished our workoust, we went to McDonalds for some food and to chat. The night was still young by the time we left and I was feeling restless so Bea and I persuaded Yoonkyung to go to karaoke. Even though it was Friday, we were able to get a student discount so we sang (and danced) for two hours for only 1,170 yen a piece. I think by the time I leave Japan I will know all the major Korean pop groups thanks to Yoonkyung. Now she's got me hooked on 2NE1. We seriously danced hard enough to build up a sweat, and left the karaoke box a little after 1 AM. I was somewhat pissed to find that someone had taken my umbrella off of my bike because it was pouring rain when we got out, but that's what I get for not taking it inside with me!

Today was a lot of fun, and tomorrow I am going to see Bunraku in Osaka with Bea and some of the other international students. After I get back from that, I plan on locking myself in my room and finishing my Japanese project. No excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment