A journey begins with a single step

Thursday, June 9, 2011

06.09.11 An Ordinary Thursday

After two days of adventure, today seemed painfully boring.

I woke up late (naturally) and spent most of my morning chatting with my mom on skype. Then I went to Japanese class. Not much to say about that other than the fact that I have a ton of homework to do now. I quickly ate lunch with Bea and Rafael, then got some studying in before meeting Yoonkyung so I could book my flight to Korea. It's official-- I am going for five days in August with Yoonkyung! It should be fun, except that I am a little nervous about not knowing how to speak any Korean. After that, I had my volleyball class. It was painful today for two reasons: one, my team sucked, and two, I twisted my ankle and got a few new bruises from taking some dives. I guess it's what I get for gloating last week.

Once class was over, I devoted about three hours to studying, homework, and doing laundry. The sad thing is that I barely scratched the surface of what I needed to do. I primarily worked on my presentation for Beginner's Japanese, which requires me to make a powerpoint and talk about something familiar to me along with a current social problem in my country. It looks like this weekend is going to be mostly devoted to that. Luckily, around 9 PM, Bea invited me to go to the gym, so I took a break from work and went swimming for about an hour. It definitely cleared my head and made me feel a little better.

Shortly after I stopped by Hana's so I could give her some Hello Kitty socks I bought for her in Osaka. They were incredibly cute, so I knew she would like them. : ) Right now I am chatting with some friends from home via skype. I got an awesome letter from Andria today that included a heartfelt card, a coloring-book picture of Aladdin and Jasmine, Disney stickers, and some encouraging words from fortune cookies. She really knows how to make me smile. Totally made my day! go from ordinary to extraordinary. And now my electronic dictionary's carrying case is covered in Disney stickers <3 Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment